Thursday, April 24, 2014

Its new post time!

Yikes, almost two months?

Consistent posting has never been my forte.

SO!

We're all still here, kicking and well. Liam is great, Norah is great, Darrell is great and so am I!

I thought I'd do a little update to my New Years Goals!

  • Learn to use the table saw
  • line the kitchen cabinets
  • finish snowman quilt
  • line bathroom cabinets
  • intall laundry nook outlet
  • Make a perfect batch of rolls
  • finish kitchen
  • finish kitchen baseboards
  • finish knitting socks
  • finish baby girl quilt
  • make baby room curtains
  • paint pantry
  • do something about master bed lights
  • lose all baby weight
  • pay off car 
  • pay off furnace
  • stay debt free!!

Ch-ch-ch check it out! At my last Dr. appointment I officially had lost ALL the weight I gained while pregnant with Norah. This time around postpartum has been massively different for me. I was SO careful with my weight the whole time I was pregnant and gained 35 pounds. In about 5 weeks, I'd lost 30 of that and after only two weeks from the day I had Norah, I could fit back into my pre-pregnancy pants! WOOHOO, that never (and still hasn't) happened with Liam. So the new goal is to lose all the rest of the weight I gained with Liam... dun dun dun. And then fit in to my pre-pre-pregnancy pants. Thats a thing right? 

I also got curtains for Norahs room. It only took me a couple weeks after her birth to get around to it. I didn't make them. Nope, too lazy. But I did find some at Ikea that cost less than I could have made them for and I really like how they turned out so I found it as a win. 

I've now finished 4 pairs of socks and the ones I finished last night fit the best out of all of them so far! I think I've finally gotten the hang of it!

Now the rolls. I haven't made a perfect batch of rolls yet BUT I did make a pretty fantastic loaf of sandwich bread that was super tasty and made really really good sandwiches. I think that counts as a win. I don't know, I don't think I'll officially check it off until I've actually made rolls. 

I'm feeling pretty great about this year. Things are looking great for us and we are happy happy. And now some pictures of my super adorbs kids, cause I can.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!