Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thrift Store Score

Do you ever get the urge to just update your house? Buy all the good stuff, the pretty things, the practical (and not so practical) and make your house look like a magazine? And then you remember that you aren't, in fact, made of money and that you should probably reign it in captain crazy.

It happens to you?

Not to me. Not ever.

HA

It totally does. I get things just how I want them (for now) but then, a couple months later, I start looking around and think of ways things could be even better. And that is when I hit up the thrift store. Nothing calms my crazy like a good, old fashioned bargain.  The other day I was wandering the thrift store in the hopes of finding a piece of furniture to beautifully store/display my quilts. I saw these ideas:

source

source


And I just knew that with a  little determination I could find something similar that would work in my house. 

Well, this trip the thrift store didn't yield any of these finds, but I did find a cute little wall vanity for a steal!


We haven't had a something like this in our bathroom for a couple years. I ripped our old, 70's house original metal corner vanity down one day in a fit of fed-upness and so we've done with out one ever since because the wall is narrow and awkward and nothing we found would fit. When I stumbled on this cutie for only 8 bucks I knew it would be coming home with us! 


I'm not totally sure that I'm sold on it now that I have it hung up. It sticks out kind of far from the wall. I think it is mostly just going to be an adjustment. I love that our regularly used toiletries are up off the countertop though and everything looks neatly put away. Ahhhh!


I'm linking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!