Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like... Halloween?

This week I decided to take the plunge and start a Halloween quilt! It did feel much stranger searching for and gathering fabrics when it was still August but now that it is September (HOLY COW, WHAT?!) it feels just right. I saw this quilt over on Lella Boutique and I just had to make it. I hadn't seen the Witch Hazel line of fabric before but I absolutely LOVE it! The minty green and pumpkins and web prints? Adorable. I searched, and searched and scoured and finally found all the prints I wanted (and threw in a swiss dot and a cute little spidery print and I was ready to go.


I ended up buying my fabric from a couple different shops. One bundle (the one above) came from Simply Love Fabric on Etsy. The green dots came from Olie and Evie on Etsy and it just so happened that Rhonda was pretty close to me and I was able to go and pick up my fabric and check out her longarm quilting (BEAUTIFUL) and see her lovely fabrics! Both these shops were WONDERFUL to work with and had such amazing prices! Check them out!

Anway, once I gathered all my supplies, I jumped right in and got to cutting. I shamelessly copied Venessa's quilt and decided to use the Starlight pattern from Thimbleblossoms. I love a good triangle quilt, they are just so good!






 After lots of pressing and laying out, I finally have to rows sewn together. Slowly but surely is coming together. I'm just sew excited to get it done and ready for cool October weather!!

What are you working on?


I'm linking up!

http://www.freshlypieced.com
http://www.estheraliu.blogspot.com/2015/09/wow-basting-omas-blues.html
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com
http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com/2015/09/ntt-and-twinkle.html

5 comments:

  1. I am working on Thanksgiving/Autumn projects now. Finished up Halloween earlier in the week. I really like your fapric choices and the quilt pattern.

    Happy Halloween ;) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color and fabric choices, looks great.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a halloween quilt every year, I love the fabric so! And the candy altho we're off sugar this year, oh my. Yours is looking so good. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fabrics in a fun pattern. I love Halloween stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Emily!! Mason would love this kind of quilt. He is obsessed with Halloween. Too bad I don't have any patience when it comes to sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you!