Monday, August 31, 2015

Running

Occasionally I'll decide I want to be a runner. I go to the gym and hit the treadmill a couple times in the week, and I'll maybe stick with it for a couple of weeks. Really though, I don't have much dedication. And before too much time has passed, my want has faded and I'd rather just stay home. Also, I remember that I actually hate running. I'm sure that I'm alone in this right? Ha!

Well, I decided a couple of months ago that instead of just wanting it to happen, I was going to do something about it. And so, way too late at night when I should have been sleeping, I logged onto my city's activity page and signed myself up for a half marathon. The next morning when I woke up I had a sinking feeling like, "what in the world did I just do?!" But now I'd paid the money. I guess it was time to get serious. I found a running program that I liked and as luck would have it, I had just over 20 weeks to prepare and my program was 20 weeks long! Perfect!

Fast forward. 

It has now been 12 weeks. I have 8 weeks to go before my race and you know what? I honestly feel like I can say that I am slowly becoming a runner! I can pretty consistently run 3 miles, and I've even managed to churn out a couple 6 mile runs. This is huge for me! And while I pretty much still hate it while I'm running, I'm also really proud of myself for what I've been able to accomplish. So. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have 8 more weeks of training and I'm ready to kick this race in the butt (and hopefully it won't kick mine too hard). 

And maybe I'll even work up the courage to register for a Disney race! Like maybe the Tinkerbell half? or if I'm really brave, maybe the Pixie Dust challenge? Man, I sure love Disneyland! That could be just the motivation that I need to keep going!

Well thanks for letting me brain dump about running! I'll check in again on that before that race!

(keep your fingers crossed for me, I'll try not to chicken out!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!