Friday, December 27, 2013

This last year I...

Hey there. Me again. The missing owner of this here blog.

Sorry, so slow on the posting. I blame... nothing. I have no excuse. However, I thought, since we are nearing the end of the year, I would write up a list of the things I got done this year.

Earlier this year (I think?) I wrote up this list and stuck it on my memo board next to the computer in the kitchen. Its just a little reminder of the things that I want to get done.


Fancy. 

Here's what it says:

Emily's Goals:
  • paint bathroom cabinets
  • Line the rest of the kitchen
  • paint nook
  • install transition
  • spray laundry baskets
  • take down changing table
  • potty train Liam
  • finish snowman quilt (just need to put it all together)
  • finish other christmas quilt
  • finish valentines hanging
  • line bathrooms with stick on tiles (1/2)
  • paint hall baseboards
  • finish laundry room shelves
  • install outlet
  • get rid of desk
  • learn to use the table saw
The things in bold I finished, italicized I decided not to do anymore and underlined are almost done.

I'm pretty pleased with what I was able to get done. Some of the things seem really simple, like taking down the changing table but I'm fairly sure that if I hadn't written it down somewhere, I probably still wouldn't have gotten around to it. Obviously, this isn't all I did this whole year. That would be... pathetic. But these were specific things that I could think of that I wanted to accomplish. Some of them I added to the list in the anticipation that we would be having a baby join our family this year (which unfortunately didn't happen... but we are only 5.5 weeks out!) and other things are just so I could clear up the junk I have around my house. 

I'm excited to think about the things I want to get done for next year. I guess I'd better get started on my list now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!