Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Oh hey.

Hey

I guess I should dust off thee ol' blog and write something yeah?

So what have I been up to? Just the same old same. Taking care of a boy, and his dad and growing another human. The regular stuff.

I've been really trying to get my craft room cleaned out and ready for its new occupant. This has been about the third round of cleaning out and throwing away and bagging for the DI. Seriously. I feel like a such a hoarder when I think about all the junk that I managed to pull out of that room. But I did have a yardsale and sell a lot of what was in there online so that made me feel better.


Believe me when I tell you that getting this room to the point that I could even vacuum the floor was a MAJOR undertaking. And I'm really quite proud that I made it to this point. I had one minor melt down while cleaning and luckily Darrell was able to pull me out of it and keep it going. So pretty much we just need to find a home for some of the stuff on the counter top and then we need to cut up the countertop so we can get it out and thrown away. That thing is HEAVY. Really really heavy.

So there's that. Also, I got in a car accident a couple weeks ago. It was awesome. Seriously. I mean, it wasn't my fault so hopefully the insurance gets that worked out in our favor. As much as I really want to pay that $500 deductible, I'd rather I didn't have to.

That's the other guy's car. Totally dented in his door and scratched him up good. I know, it looks like it would be my fault but it wasn't. He turned out in front of me, thinking he was at a four way stop (which he wasn't) and I nailed him. Luckily, Liam wasn't with me and we were in a residential zone so I don't even think either of us were going more than 20 MPH and he was driving away from me when I hit him. Blech. I'd rather not go through that again.

So I guess I'll wrap this one up by showing you one of my latest crafty projects. (I'm trying to finish them and I'm making pretty good progress!)

I decided that I would recover Liams old infant carseat. It would have been fine as it was but the supplies only cost... $10 dollars? Maybe sooooo I went for it. Here's what it looked like before:


And here is what it looked like after:


Cute right?! It wasn't complicated, just time consuming and a little frustrating right at the end. Basically, you rip all the pieces apart (at the seams, not actually ripping anything but the stitching..) and use it as a template and then piece it back together the same way it came apart. If you want to try it, take LOTS of pictures of everything so that you can remember how it was before it came apart. I'm pretty happy with. I think it'll suit little girl juuuuust fine. 

1 comment:

  1. i feel your girl cave insanity! VERY CUTE car seat! you are the bomb at makeovers!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you!