Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lets talk.

Hey. How are you? I haven't talked to you in a while. Sorry about it. Sometimes I just hit a dry spell and I really don't have much to say. Also, sometimes I feel like life gets a bit monotonous, boring and very repetitive.

But things are good. You know, can't complain. Everyone is healthy, and happy and we are gainfully employed and have had no critical emergencies. So yes.  I guess sometimes its just hard to feel fulfilled you know? Motherhood, its rough. I've read a couple of articles and blog posts that articulate my feelings much more accurately than I ever can, but its rough. Somedays how I WISH I could just go to work, do my time, clock out and go home and be done with my job. Get a paycheck, leave work at work...

I mean. Really. *sigh*

I'm starting to sound depressed and pathetic aren't I? I'm neither depressed nor am I pathetic (at least I say I'm not) so don't worry.

So what have I been doing you ask? Well. I've been playing with my cute boy and slowly working up the energy to clean out what used to be my sewing room and convert it into a bedroom. I've sold or got rid of piles and piles of clothes, furniture, random home decor and fabric. Oh the fabric. Its disgusting. I have so much *hoarder* and its like no matter how much I use or sell or throw away, I have more than I know what to do with. In fact, I found a pile of minky fabric laying around and I had enough to make not one, not two but THREE receiving blankets using said minky and other fabric from my stash (some of which I didn't even know I had) for baby purple. Ridiculous.

I've also been working on finishing projects. You know, cause I have a serious problem with that. So, I FINALLY painted the baseboards in my hallway (10 months later) and I got down to some nitty gritty finishing in my kitchen. It is seriously SO close to being done. I think we only need about two more pieces of trim and a couple coats of paint and we can check that sucker off the list.

I have projects I want to complete piling up in my mind so here's a little brain dump of what I want to get done:

  • install outlets in the laundry closet turned sewing nook so I can, you know, sew in there.
  • get carpet secured in the hallway and install transitions
  • paint (?) or whitewash (?) the fireplace and trim it out so its lovely (anyone have experience with this?)
  • remove the built in cabinet in the former sewing room and patch the wall if necessary for baby
  • buy Liam a mattress for his big boy bed and transfer crib to baby purple's room
  • paint the ceiling in the first bathroom
  • paint the outside trim so our house doesn't look so shabby
  • paint the garage door
  • contain rock pile in the back yard and make a raised flower bed.
  • install closet organizer in our closet so its a more functional space.
  • new windows erywhere
  • new gutters
  • paint the master bedroom
I'm sure there are LOTS more things I want to do, and this list doesn't even start to cover the basement projects downstairs (lets just say there are drop down ceilings that have got to go and a fully wood paneled bathroom the looks like it belongs in a cabin somewhere). Obviously, some of those projects will have to wait a while so we can have money, and others need to wait until next spring. Some will clearly be getting done faster (hello, baby is coming in february) than others. So I guess we'll just see where we get. I know windows are quite a ways off considering we had to buy a new furnace before winter so that took up our big money spend for the year. But I'm totally not complaining about that, I mean as much fun as it was to wake up to a house that was 55 degrees because the furnace wasn't working, I much prefer my house to be in the 70's when we wake up. So much nicer. So, so nice. 

Also, we are still working on paying off our debt and even though it will take us longer than we were hoping to pay off our car, it will be paid off at least a year ahead of schedule so virtual bum pat for us there. We have shifter our focus from paying off the debts we have (while maintaing our zero balance on credit cards) to saving as much as we can so we don't have emergencies pop up that we have no savings to cover. It really makes things much less stressful knowing we have that cushion.

And we've jumped back on the dieting state of being. I know, I know I'm pregnant. But look. I gained 40 pounds with Liam. 40. Want to know how much of that I lost? 20. rocking. And then I gained a little on top of that. Which was depressing. So, I've pretty much been trying SO hard to gain as little weight as possible this pregnancy. It hard, and it would be so much easier to just give in to my wants and make a whole pan of brownies and just eat it. But I would be stuck trying to lose that weight until the next time I get pregnant so no thank you. I'm almost 24 weeks and have gained under 10 pounds still. I really really don't want to gain more than 10. I won't cry over it if I do, but 10 sounds pretty ideal. Also, husband would like to lose weight so we're in this together. Being healthy and stuff. 

Anyway, there you have a look into my scrambled thoughts. 

Until next time


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! Thanks for the update! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lists are great! don't wait too long to check something off :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you!