Thursday, September 12, 2013

Baby Purple and things Liam says.

So since we found out that baby #2 is on the way, we've tried to get Liam comfortable with the idea. Or to even grasp the idea. Or acknowledge that we are talking to him about it. And usually it goes pretty poorly

Me: "Liam, can we bring a new baby home to live with us?"
Liam: "I don't want that here."

Me: "Liam, when we bring the baby home, where will it sleep?"
Liam: Looks at his bed, "No, MY BED."
Me: "okay, but where will the baby sleep?"
Liam: "On the floor."

Me: "Liam, what should we call the baby when we bring it home?"
Liam: "On the phone!"

So he doesn't get it (and I didn't really expect him to) and on those rare occasions when it seems like he does, he's pretty negative about the whole thing. Only just recently did he start to seem excited about it, like when I'd ask him he'd say "and they play with my trains with me?" So hopefully.... eh, I don't know what that means.

Well, the other night as I was putting him to bed, I asked Liam if he thought we would be having a girl baby or a boy baby. He got very thoughtful and looked up and the ceiling and then said with a big smile and an authoritative nod of his head "a purple baby!". I even tried asking him again and he answered the same. He'll pretty consistently tell us that it is a purple baby, so that's what we've decided to call baby this time around. Liam was baby Harold, and this one is baby Purple. I like it.

This whole time I've been pregnant, I thought this baby was a girl. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much, obviously there's a 50/50 chance right? Its just that the whole time I was pregnant with Liam, I just knew he was a boy. Before we found out I knew. I didn't even imagine to think of girl things or girl names because that baby was just a boy. I wanted a girl. So bad.  But I knew he'd be a boy. And the ultrasound proved that right. And we love him! SUCH a sweet and wonderful boy.

BUT.

My last pregnancy, I'm pretty sure it was a girl and I tearfully told Darrell that I was just certain that it was a girl and that was probably going to be my only chance to have one.

And then I got pregnant, and I pretty quickly had that "girl" feeling return. People asked what we wanted, and I could honestly answer that I would be happy with either boy or girl. But I always felt like it was probably a girl.

Well at my last Dr. appointment, my doctor asked me slyly "so do you feel her moving?" and then said "cause you know, I think its a girl." He preceded to ask if we were planning on finding out what it is, we are, and if I wanted to go find out right now! "there's no one in the ultrasound office". I told him no, I had to wait for my husband. I was pretty proud of my restraint! But by the end of the appointment we concluded that we needed to set up an ultrasound to check dates and so I would be heading back in the next week.

The morning arrived and we had the appointment. The tech asked if we wanted to find out the sex to which we answered yes! And lo and behold, its a girl!! Liam was pretty enthralled by the heartbeat and likes to tell me that he heard the baby and we are so excited to be welcoming a little girl into our family!

I just want to write down a couple of the things that have been going on so I can remember them later:

  • I am 19 weeks 
  • I've gained 4 lbs
  • I constantly want salad, baked potatoes or sushi (cooked for this mamma)
  • I finally felt this baby moving last night and then all morning
We're pretty excited about this, and now we get to start deciding on a name! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. So I totally missed your announcement post, but I went back and read it after this one and YAY!!! I'm way excited for you! I'm glad you're having a girl; you will have so much fun! And thank you for your comment on my boy post. It made me feel a lot better and I'm getting excited for this boy. Anyway, congratulations! I can't wait to see the quilts and fun things you whip up for your little lady :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you!