Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just the usual

Today was a pretty average day for me. Woke up. Cut my bangs (cause apparently I like to do that, see?) went to Walgreens and snagged some awesome deals, went to Target and snagged a couple more then headed over to the DI. I just can't help it. I was feeling a little underwhelmed with the stuff there today but then I saw this older woman, haphazardly driving it through the store. The stroller. Now, its nothing like the ones I want to own, (but lets face it, I'm not going to have $1,110 at my disposal anytime soon!) but it had a solid frame and needed minimal repairs to be usable. I followed the lady around for a while hoping that she would decide she didn't want it and guess what?! She left in the aisle and walked away. Free game. I hustled my bum over there and was stoked to see the price tag at $20! I have big plans for this little beauty! I called my mom to tell her what I found and she says "What ever would you need a double stroller for????" and I said, "Nothing yet, but someday I'll probably need it...". Yeah, she was a little dissapointed that I wasn't making a "big announcment" I think. Oh well.


Okay and here are the deals I picked up from Walgreens and Target. I'm pretty pleased with how everything turned out. I paid $5.65 for about $36 of merchandise at Walgreens, and $4.54 for $12.36 from Target. I would have been lower at Target but I just really love Herbal Essences products for curly hair. They work so well that I am willing to pay a little extra for them :) My total savings was  74%. Not too shabby :)

(don't mind my disasterous craft room in the backroom...)

I have a couple other projects in the works. Actually, let me rephrase that. I have a couple projects left to finish other projects that have been in the works for quite some time now. AND I started re-lining my kitchen shelves and drawers. What a terrible chore. Really. I think I will replace the paper.... oh when it starts ripping. And even then, I think I'll be a little hesistant. I hate it that much. Anyway, the five cupboards I got done look muuuuuch better now :)


That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. What a find! I'm sure you'll make the stroller look beautiful by the time you're done with it! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you!